Halfords Returns Policy
If you change your mind and decide you no longer want an item that we've delivered, we're happy to offer you an exchange. You'll need to return your item unused and in their original packaging along with the original packing note and invoice (as proof of purchase).
You can return an item for free at any of our stores, but if you choose to return by post you'll need to cover the cost of postage. However, if the item you're returning is faulty we'll refund the postage once we've received the item and checked the fault.
We can only exchange sat navs, DVDs, memory cards, and software if they're faulty or are returned unused with their original seals and wrapping intact. Personalised products and made-to-order products can only be returned if they're faulty.
Unfortunately, we do not offer refunds on car seats.
Bought an item from a Marketplace seller?
If the item you've bought from halfords.com has a logo stating 'Sold and sent by' by someone other than Halfords, then the guidelines for returning an item are slightly different. Click here to see how to return an item you've bought from a Marketplace seller.
Consumer protection legislation says that items must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. If you buy a product online and it's found to be faulty within 30 days, you're entitled to ask for a full refund of the faulty product. If a fault occurs after the initial 30 days, we're entitled to repair and/or replace that item. If it can't be repaired or replaced, then you may be entitled to a refund. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Ways to return your items
If you need to return an item we'll happily offer a refund as long as this is within 28 days of delivery, in its original packaging and you have proof of purchase.
There are three easy ways to return your item(s):
- by post
- by courier.
For exchanges or to return an item collected in store, please visit one of our stores.
- You can return any item for free at any of our stores.
- Simply fill in the returns form that came with your order.
- Take this along with your proof of purchase to the store (if your items were delivered you'll have received a proof of purchase email).
- The store will happily refund your payment onto the card you paid with or offer an exchange.
- It's at the store managers' discretion whether to accept a return if you don't have proof of purchase.
If you've lost your returns note you can print another one here.
- To return an item by post you'll need to fill in the return note included with your order or print off a new one here.
- If you've lost your returns note all the information you need to fill in the returns form can be found in your invoice.
- Please try to use the original packaging when sending your items back and make sure it's securely packaged; Halfords cannot be held responsible for any damage during posting.
- Attach the return address label included with your delivery.
- Make sure you take your parcel to your local Post Office in enough time for it to get to us within 28 days of you receiving your order.
- Please note returns made by post are at the customers' own expense.
- We recommend using a trackable service and getting proof of postage.
- Please keep your proof of postage until we've confirmed your refund has been processed.
- For larger products (such as adult bikes, tool chests and roof boxes) we offer a courier collection service.
- A £7 charge applies for this service.
- To request this service, please contact Customer Services on 0345 504 53 53 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- Collections require a minimum of two working days' notice.
- Someone will need to be available to sign at the time of collection.
- Collections can only be made Monday - Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
- Collection will take place between 9am and 6pm (we're afraid exact times can't be given).
- Please re-pack the item(s) securely for courier transport. (All cycles must be un-built and boxed for return.)
- We'll aim to refund you as soon as possible, but will refund your account within 30 days.
- If an item's faulty it's best to return it to a store, as this is the quickest way to receive your refund.
- If you're unable to return a faulty item to your local store please contact us.
Faulty items will be examined either by ourselves or the manufacturer. Where applicable a refund will be sent to your account within 30 days.
When returning items for a refund that were bought online as part of a 'Buy One, Get One Free' offer, 'Buy One, Get One Half Price' offer, '3 for 2' offer, or a 'Buy, Get a Free' offer, all of the items involved in the offer must be returned.
Please note, personalised products and made-to-order products cannot be returned unless faulty.
This does not affect your statutory rights.