Boardman Road Race Bike 2012/2013 - Medium 53cm
Boardman Road Race Product Description
Providing a fantastic entry level into the Boardman branded road bike range, the Boardman Medium Road Race Bike offers a lightweight double butted aluminium frame with a full carbon fibre fork and quality Shimano Sora 18 speed gearing. Ideal for those looking to get involved in serious road riding for excellent value for money.
Boardman bikes are inspired and developed by Olympic Champion cyclist Chris Boardman. Chris Boardman has described the Boardman road range as- "Taking all the experience from my own pro career alongside input from Olympic, World and National Champion riders, these bikes have been designed with one goal in mind...performance. Whether you compete on the world stage or in your local sportive you too can share the same experience."
Features & Benefits of the Boardman Road Race
- Lightweight fully double-butted aluminium frame for faster climbing and improved power transfer
- Lightweight carbon fibre fork with carbon steerer for accurate steering and absorption of road vibrations
- Boardman finishing kit including anatomically shaped handlebars
- Mavic CXP-22s rims with sealed bearing hubs for a longer bearing life
- FSA Vero compact chainset provides lower gear ratios for tackling hills with a higher cadence
- Shimano Sora 18 speed gearing for reliable shifting performance
- Powerful dual pivot Tektro brakes
Trade up to the Boardman Road Comp model for a tapered headtube to give a more connected ride and SRAM Apex 20 speed gearset
About the Boardman Brand
Chris Boardman MBE is an Olympic, Triple World Champion and World Record Holder who has excelled at the highest levels within cycling and he remains at the heart of British cycling today. He is often cited as being an inspiration to the current generation of successful cyclists and continues a passion for cycling seeing its positive impacts on the nation and the environment. He wants as many people as possible to share in his passion and experience the thrill of cycling for themselves. Boardman Bikes keep their three key values at the forefront of their minds when improving your riding experience, looking for the highest level of performance, utilising great design and maintaining a superior quality which makes Boardman Bikes and Accessories a real must-have brand for cycling enthusiasts.
- Approximate Weight (KG): 9.34
- Chainset: FSA Vero compact crank 50/34T
- Exact Frame Size: 53cm
- Forks: Full Carbon
- Frame Colour: Dark Blue
- Frame Material: Alloy
- Front Brake: Tektro Dual pivot
- Gender: Mens
- Geometry: Semi Compact
- Handle Bars: Boardman alloy anatomic
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.1/8 Aheadset
- Hubs: Formula 32 hole Q/R disc hub
- Number of Gears: 18
- Pedals: Wellgo alloy body fitted with toe clips & straps
- Rear Brake: Tektro Dual pivot
- Rear Mech: Shimano Sora
- Rims: 700c Mavic CXP-22s black 32 hole disc rim with CNC braking surface
- Saddle: Boardman black with cro-moly rails
- Seatpost: Boardman 350mm x 31.6mm black alloy
- Cassette: 12-26T
- Front Mech: Shimano Sora
- Gear Shifters: Shimano Sora
- Stem: Boardman black alloy 31.8mm
- Suspension: Rigid
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
I want to get some spare inner tubes. The spec for this bike says tryes are Vitttoria 700 x 2c but it clearly says 700 x 23c on my tyres
|Mainland UK||Estimated Delivery||Price|
|Reserve & Collect||Reserve online and collect in-store in only an hour||FREE|
Click & Collect If the product you are looking at is in stock in your chosen store you can reserve it online and it will be ready to collect from 1 hour after reservation until the end of the following day.
Returns We hope you are happy with your purchase. If for any reason you are not, you are welcome to return your items free of charge to any Halfords store within 28 days.