Shopping at Halfords
Click & Collect
Click & Collect
*If an item's in stock in your local store, our Click & Collect service means you can reserve it and pick it up for free, sometimes as quickly as an hour after placing your order online! If the item's not in stock in your local store, you can still get it delivered to your chosen store for collection in 2 days after 4pm (excluding Sundays)
In stock items
If an item's in stock in your local store, take advantage of our Click and Collect service and guarantee the item's waiting for you when you arrive. All you need to do is to find your local store using our Store Locator, check the item is in stock on the product page, and reserve it online. You'll be able to collect your item an hour after placing your order online and we'll hold your order in-store for three days.
Item not in stock in your local store?
If your item isn't in stock in your chosen store, you can choose to have the item delivered to your local store for collection. If you place your order before 8pm you can collect it in-store in days after 4pm (excluding Sundays). For delivery information on individual products open the 'Delivery Options' tab on the product page.
Have a look below to see when your ordered item(s) will be available for collection.
|Order by||Collect from|
|8pm Monday||4pm Wednesday|
|8pm Tuesday||4pm Thursday|
|8pm Wednesday||4pm Friday|
|8pm Thursday||4pm Saturday|
|8pm Friday||4pm Monday|
|8pm Saturday||4pm Tuesday|
|8pm Sunday||4pm Wednesday|
Please note that items sent directly from the supplier need to be ordered by 3pm for collection three days later. All delivery times will be shown during checkout.
What if I want my bike built?
When you order a bike to collect in-store, you'll have the option to have it built by our experts, for free!
Bikes that are in stock can be reserved as above and could be ready for collection after 4pm in 2 days time - we'll ring to confirm the best collection time, and then get busy building your bike.
Bikes that have to be ordered in may take a few more days - again, the store will ring to let you know when it'll be ready.
Some exceptions may apply for web exclusive products.
Where do I collect my Click & Collect order?
For bikes and cycling products head over to the Bike Hut once you're in store.
For all other products head towards the front till and a colleague will be able to help you.
When you go to collect your item you'll always pay the price you reserved it at, even if the price has since changed or the offer's ended. We hold items for three days, so it's ideal if you're eagerly awaiting payday!
If you're struggling to locate your collection point, or just want some help on your new item, don't hesitate to ask for help - our in-store colleagues will be more than happy to lend a hand.
If you enter your mobile number and/or email address when checking out we'll be able to keep you updated with how your order's progressing. This includes confirming your order and letting you know when it's available for collection.
In the unlikely event of a problem, we'll try to contact you as soon as possible.
Step-By-Step Guide Online
- Find the product you want.
- Click 'Add to basket' button. When in your basket you will be notified of any essential products which are necessary to make your item work when you get it home.
- Once you've added all your items to your basket, choose either collection or delivery.
- Once you've clicked on the appropriate button you can then go ahead and click the 'Continue to Checkout' button.
Click & Collect
- Enter your preferred town or postcode to see product availability in the nearest 5 stores. If the product is in stock, it will be ready for you to collect within one hour. If it is not in stock, then it will be delivered to store and ready for you to collect from 1pm Monday to Friday and it will be ready to collect from 1pm the following day including Saturday. Orders placed on Saturday will be available for collection after 1pm Monday, and orders placed on Sunday will be available for collection after 1pm Tuesday. We'll hold your items for seven days.
- Select your preferred store, or you can still choose to have delivery to your home or work.
- Enter your contact details and click the "Confirm reservation" button.
If you are already registered:
- Go to 'log-in' at the top of the site.
- Enter your user name and password and click 'log-in'.
- Check your contact and delivery details are correct. You can choose to deliver to an alternative address.
- Choose your preferred delivery date, if applicable.
- Enter your payment details.
- Enter a promotional code if you have one.
- Click on 'Confirm Order'.
If you are a new customer or choose not to register:
- Enter your contact details.
- Enter you delivery address.
- Choose your preferred delivery address.
- Choose you payment details.
- Enter a promotional code if you have one.
- Click on 'Confirm Order'.
When reserving items, we will give you a reference number online and also via email and/or text if you have provided an email address and/or mobile phone number.
If you have ordered items for delivery we will give you an order reference number online and also via email. We will keep you informed on the progress of your order via email and text if you have provided a mobile phone number.
You can also track your order through ‘My Account’. You can use all these tools if you are buying anything on the site, follow how your order is progressing and find out delivery times.
If You Cannot Place An Order
In the unlikely event that you are able to place an order for an out-of-stock item, we will contact you via email or phone.
Reserved In-store But Not Available
An item might be available to Reserve And Collect, however it may not be in stock in your local Halfords store. This is because, occasionally, we run out of stock of a popular product and there is a short time lapse before we can update the site.
In the rare instance that items are reserved in a store but are not available we will do our best to contact you as soon as possible to advise, provided we have your email address and/or contact number.
Direct Delivery Items
Some items are delivered directly to you from the supplier and may be on a longer delivery time. The delivery time for all products is on the product detail page. (Excludes ROI)
Online And In Store Pricing
We work hard to offer our customers the best prices we can. As part of this we offer some deals online that may not be available in store.
When you see the words ’Web Exclusive’ attached to a product, this means either that the product is only available online or that the product is cheaper online than in store.
When you use our Reserve And Collect service you pay the price that is displayed on the website, even if it is cheaper than in-store.
We currently have over 8,000 products that are available online and in-store from Boardman bikes through to baby car seats, and this number is continuously growing.
Registration and Log-in
Do I Have To Register Before I Buy?
No, you do not have to register to use Halfords online. All you have to do is enter your contact, payment and delivery details in the checkout process. You will be given the option to register after you have completed the purchase if you wish to do so.So feel free to browse our range of sat navs to high end boardman range.
Why Should I Register?
If you register, you'll save time in the future when you buy items at Halfords online, as you won’t have to enter your details each time you visit the site.
How Do I Register?
To create an account you'll need to register, and provide your contact name, address details, email address and set up a password.
How Do I Change My Details?
To update your details, log in and you'll be able to change your personal details, update or add an address or view your order status.
What If I Forget My Password?
Directly underneath the place where you enter your password, there is a link called ‘Forgotten password?'. Please click this link.
You will be prompted to enter your email address and follow the on-screen instructions to ‘send me my password’. We will email your password to you immediately.
Ratings and Reviews
Why Write a Review?
Your opinion is important to us! We want to hear about the products you like and the reasons why (and any reasons you don't), as this will help other customers to choose their products and guide us to where we can make improvements. As well as a rating, you can also provide a text review, allowing you to provide more insight into your experience of the product. Anyone can then use our social bookmarking links to share reviews as well as evaluating how helpful they were. We offer a review option for all items on our website, from Roof Boxes to Sat Navs.
You may even see some of the best reviews appearing on Halfords advertisements, as no one can describe our products more effectively than you, our customers.
Tell us what you think and WIN!
When you write a review, you will not only be helping other customers, but you will also be automatically entered into our prize draw to win £250 of Halfords vouchers.
For terms and conditions of the prize draw, please click here.
How to Leave a Review
- Find the product you wish to review, either by using the drop down menus or the search box at the top of the page.
- Click on the 'Review this Product' link under the Customer Reviews tab on the product page.
- Enter a valid email address or sign in using your usual Halfords username
- Rate your product and leave a review!
Hints & Tips
- Provide as much detail as you can - your review will help other customers to make their decision
- But keep it relevant!
- Make use of the pro and con boxes
- Avoid talking about aspects that are subject to change, such as special offers or pricing, so that your review will not become out of date.
- Share advice and let others know about anything they might find useful.
Please note, we cannot publish the following:
- Customer Service Issues - If you have an issue with your order, please contact Customer Services
- Personal Contact Information - We want to protect your privacy
- Information about other companies and websites information about price
Including any information about the above will mean your review will not appear.
Trax TR.1 Mens mountain bike, "Great product and amazing value" - December 26, 2011
"I bought this bike for my 15yr old who is tall! This bike was amazing value as the bike is well made and excellent quality. It is sturdy and well suitable for mountain biking (he's been up a hill on it already and it's only boxing day!) I would highly recommend this product for value and quality and the gears are amazing!"
~ By eygaliere, from Northern Ireland ~
Navman EZY Sat Nav, "Great little gadget" - December 30, 2011
"Just recently got a car after years without one, i have an autistic son, this device enables me to go where i need; if i go wrong because of his constant need to talk and ask questions it will re direct you.....speed alert if you go over limit - i have only used it on small journeys at the minute, but well impressed"
~ By tracy13, from lincoln ~
Clarity CCE3066 Car CD Player, "Worth every penny" - December 21, 2011
"I bought this as i wanted a product that I can connect my iPod to via an aux cable. I didn't want to buy the expensive ones as I wanted just a plain stereo. I saw this and i knew it would be good. it was very easy to fit myself and all I needed was a aerial adapter that halfords were also selling. The instructions were very clear and came with all I needed. This product is all you need and was worth the money"
~ By Benjani ~
Halfords - Our Price Match Promise
We won't be beaten on price.
At Halfords we strive to offer our customers first class service and products at competitive prices through the Halfords Price Match Promise.
In order to uphold our Price Promise to not be beaten on price, we actively monitor the prices offered by our competitors daily and adjust our own pricing accordingly.
If you find a cheaper price we'll match it, and if you find it after you've purchased from us we'll refund the difference within 7 days of receipt of your goods.
To enable us to process your Price Match request, simply refer to the following steps;
- Check your request against the criteria below
- Take a print out of the competitor's online price, including the date you identified the price, into your nearest Halfords store
- We will check your request, confirm and match the competitor price if approved
- We will match prices against a set of relevant competitors
- The competitor's item must be identical (colour, size etc)
- The competitor's item must be in stock at the time of match
- The competitor's price must include delivery
- The competitors price must be publically advertised online and cannot include any membership/personal discounts
- We cannot match bulk promotional offers such as buy one get one free
- The competitor must be based in ROI and sell direct to customers (no auction or marketplace retailers)
- No other promotional offers or vouchers can be used on top of a price match
- We will match within 7 days of receipt of purchase
- We will match in store if our online price is lower than our store price
- We will not match against clearance, closing down sales or specialist retailers such as market stalls.
- In order to change the price of items bought on finance, the original agreement must be cancelled and a new one created at the lower price. The new agreement must still meet the minimum value and item requirements for finance.
- Items sold by Halfords Approved Partners are not subject to our price match policy.